Perodua Myvi Metallic Black: Intermediate Detail
This detail demonstrates the cutting and finishing abilities Meguiar’s #205 Ultra-Finishing Polish. Back to black!
While waiting for the wheels and engine to cool down, my friend Joe and I tackled the interior. All carpets and upholstery were thoroughly vacuumed, and plastics were cleaned with Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner (diluted 4:1).
To clean the wheels, wheel well and tires, a different assortment of brushes were used. Osren multi-clean (diluted 2:1) were used for the wheel wells, Meguiar’s Wheel Brightener (diluted 3:1) for the wheels and Westley Bleche White for the tires.
After cleaning the wheel, Osren Tar Remover was used to remove tar deposits and old wheel weight residue.
Osren Multi-Clean and Tar Remover on the wheel wells.
Same process with the wheels, Meguiar’s Wheel Brightener followed by Osren Tar Remover.
With the wheels, wheel wells and tires cleaned, we moved on to the paintwork. The car’s body is washed with Osren Bubble and Wax shampoo mixed with some Osren Multi Clean. Contaminants then shaved off with an Osren Magic Cloth. I then dry the car with an Autoglym Aqua-dry synthetic chamois while Joe uses his Makita blower to blow out water from the panel gaps, crevices and wheels.
A test spot is then performed on the hood to determine the pad and polish to use. Thankfully Joe was kind enough to lend me some of his Meguiar’s #205 Ultra Finishing Polish to use.
So we used M205 with a Meguiar’s w-8006 polishing pad via Makita rotary.
And a short video showing the unpolished and polished half.
Although this wasn’t meant to be a paintwork correction detail and rather a one-step polish detail, the cutting ability and finishing result allowed me to try to aim for as much correction as possible and finishing in one step.
The rear door on the driver’s side has been repainted rather poorly and the polishing step managed to remove most of the buffer trails, but not what seems to be sanding marks in certain areas of the door.
Here, you can see markings in the basecoat which I think comes from a poorly prepped panel. If anyone knows what causes this please let me know =)
The headlamps also looked hazy, it was then polished with Meguiar’s PlastX on a 4” Lake Country White CCS polishing pad.
Duragloss #601 Polish Bonding Agent is applied on all exterior paintwork with a Lake Country black CCS finishing pad via ROB.
This is then buffed off as I applied it too excessively and Collinite #476s paste wax applied by hand.
While waiting for it to pass the swipe test, interior glass cleaned with Meguiar’s detailer line glass cleaner with a Cobra glass waffle weave. Plastics dressed with Meguiar’s #40 Rubber/Vinyl Cleaner & Conditioner, and buffed off immediately to remove the sheen and slightly oily feel.
The wax is then buffed off and the owner was already waiting for me, hence not too many after photos.
Wheel well plastics dressed with Meguiar’s Hyperdressing (diluted 3:1), tires dressed with Osren Tire Shine.
Many thanks to Joe for helping out with the washing process, couldn’t have finished the detail without your help!
Few more things could be done if it weren’t for the lack of time, like polishing the door handle wells and dressing exterior trim pieces.
Oh, and the lightsource used again was the Eagletac P10A2, thanks to VX55 for that =)
That’s all and thanks for looking!
Other notes: M205, what a product… cuts well, works long, finishes well. Great stuff.