Skip to content

May 5, 2011

Detailer’s Gathering 2011 at Osren HQ

by Kenneth Tang

Good day everyone! Here are some photos from the latest Do-It-Together(DIT) held last Saturday at Osren. There were many products and machines lying around, and Osren’s company car which was due for a respray. That could only mean one thing, ‘whack only!’.

Photobucket

dschia was also kind enough to share with us his new surbuf and Meguiar’s microfiber pads.

Photobucket

M105 and Surbuf managed to remove 1200 grit sanding marks! Although it left a slightly hazy finish which has to be followed up with a finer combo.

Photobucket

Mid-way, we even had a mini torch gathering!

Photobucket
They are talking about the size of abrasives/water beading, in case anyone had other ideas.

Photobucket
Japanese Polish, English Pad, German Machine.

Photobucket
The new Flex rotary is so light, you only need your fingertips to guide it!

Photobucket

Then it was time for some supernatural action.

A challenger beckons.

Photobucket

Water sheeting video of Bilt Hamber Finis-Wax.

Osren P40 and Velvet Pad

Before:

After:
Photobucket

Where the Velvet pad does not reach, hand sanding and wool ball.

Caution is advised.

Photobucket

The two photos below show the strength of water repellency in a wax/sealant.

Photobucket
In the photo above, notice that as soon as the water hits the paint, some of it is flat on the paint. Compare that to the photo below, water repels and bounces back immediately, indicating stronger water repellency.

Photobucket

That’s all the photos I have, apologies for the lack of photos and documentation. Next time, if I bring my camera, I will purely be a photographer, or don’t bring it at all.

Nonetheless, it was a great gathering and was fun talking to everyone. Hope to see you guys soon at the next gathering, do join us for our Teh-Tarik (TT) sessions!

Model: Henry from Osren

Advertisements
Read more from News
17 Comments Post a comment
  1. jackson
    May 5 2011

Thanks fish! Been waiting for this. Wish I was there…..

2. jackson
    May 5 2011

i guess this is the time you would need a buddy photographer or a co-photographer.

times when you want to get in on the action as well as document the action.

• May 5 2011

Wish you were there? You WERE there! Weren’t you? hahaha.

Yes 2 photographers would be nice 🙂

• jackson
        May 5 2011

Wish I was there…..again…. 😉

3. May 5 2011

Kenneth dude! Thanks for the share. Definitely looks like a fun filled day. Damn! I need new polishers. In need of some love from new flex-tary. Yums! Appreciate if you could point me to the right directions if you have them info ya.

Loving the new site man! Wish I got pure talent like you dude!

• May 5 2011

Hi Tim!! Wow haven’t heard from you in a long time and didn’t know you have a blog! Malu malu… will be putting a link to your blog in the footer soon.

The flex-tary(<–lol) belongs to VX55, he bought it in S'pore. Maybe you can shoot him a PM on Autoworld?

And the site don't need talent, firstly, it's wordpress, it's just gives you that nice look without all the hassle in blogspot. You can play around with it. They also have really nice themes, I definitely recommend wordpress over blogspot.

• May 7 2011

Thanks Ken! (why la Potato? Sounds funny la – potato photography – but got hot chickas in them leh…so wrong..so wrong..slurp2)

• May 8 2011

Haha coz my name is Kenneth Tang = Ken. Tang = Kentang =Potato! lol

4. Hitachi
    May 5 2011

hah!! Use my picture! Okay….here’s the inovice for the advertising fee. lol Just kidding man! Well tho little write-up, but just from the pics alone, we can say that Malaysia has one crazy gang of detailing enthusiast!!!

• May 5 2011

Yeah, we really are a crazy bunch!
      LOL, I think I should invoice you for the advertising fee, hahaha cheehhh wahh.

5. spirit36
    May 6 2011

awesome pics….
    you folks really had a good time and lesson learnt!!
    sorry couldn’t attend this time around and hope to catch up in our next TT..
    Cheers!

• May 6 2011

Dont worry, many more gatherings to come!

6. May 6 2011

Haha I like how you put it. Car due for respray that means WHACK ONLY!

Nobody burn hole ah?

• May 6 2011

Hahhaha, got…the part where u see with two masking tapes split into 3 sections bocor already.

Thought will get to meet u that day.

• May 7 2011

I’m the most Tai chek person there, also you had a good shot of me with the flex. It looks too small on me lah the flex. But nice machine. Had to leave early, next time everbody need to wear name tag.

• May 8 2011

Ohhh! Aiyak paiseh paiseh, yes we need name tags!

7. Veloc
    May 9 2011

Haha… Apologise for what? This is freaking awesome! Sure hope I could have attend!