Intermediate Detail: BMW M6
Quad exhausts, V10 engine, carbon fibre roof, a subtle monster in disguise. The tired looking paint and dirty leather makes it unattractive, let’s make it handsome again. [ 116 photos ]
Some before photos of the interior,
I started by washing the mats by machine scrubbing them with Malco Lubrisuds All Purpose Shampoo. This was then pressure rinsed and extracted.
Then I proceeded by thoroughly vacuuming the interior. Just discovered a neat trick, taping your flashlight to the vacuum nozzle, sure makes you see much better in a dark interior.
All leather surfaces were cleaned with Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner (10:1), using a melamine sponge and rinsed with a damp cloth and steam. Other surfaces were wiped down with the same cleaner and tight areas dusted down with steam. Finally protected with Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard and C6 Matte Dash.
The final results of the interior,
Next is the glass, waterspots were very obvious and obstructs the view of the driver especially at night when the street light hits the glass and highlight all these annoying stains.
Firstly, the surrounding edges were taped up. Machine polished with DA, Carpro Ceriglass and Sonax Felt Pad.
Corners done by hand with Osren Felt Blocks and areas where the blocks couldn’t reach were done with a cut felt pad. Finally protected with Wetshine Prizm Coat for water repellency of up to two years.
Tires – Osren Multi Clean (1:1)
Wheels – Valetpro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner (1:3) and Osren StainX
Wheel Wells – Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner (1:4)
Tar removed with Osren tar remover. Tires dressed with Valetpro Traditional Tire Dressing a wheels wiped down with Duragloss Aquawax.
Now let’s turn our attention to the body. The paint itself was in okay shape, not much swirls, but water marks were very heavy on the boot and bonnet, probably due to a half covered car porch.
So the process was:
1) Washed with Osren Bubble and Wax shampoo.
2) Panel gaps and non painted areas brushed with Meguiar’s All Purpose Cleaner (4:1) and Meguiar’s Slide Lock brush.
3) Paintwork smoothened with Osren Magic Clay Cloth. Followed by Osren Tar Remover on lower panels.
4) Boot and bonnet polished with Meguiar’s #105 Ultra-Cut Compound/Lake Country yellow cutting pad/rotary polisher
5) Boot, bonnet and the rest of the car finished with Meguiar’s #205 Ultra-Finishing Polish/Lake Country white polishing pad/ Flex forced-rotation DA
6) Paintwork sealed with Wetshine Spectra Seal paint sealant.
That’s it, thanks for looking!
Feel free to leave your comments, good or bad, all are appreciated.
BMW 5 Series F10 – Black (Intermediate)
Audi A5 – Black (Full)
Follow me on Facebook for ongoing updates!