Headlight Restoration – Honda Civic Type-R
Headlight restoration on a Civic Type-R
The owner bought this reconditioned car and the overall condition was actually very good, aside from the headlights.
A pair of genuine Honda lights for the Civic Type-R costs approximately RM 3500. I got it to looking 95% like new at a fraction of the cost.
To recap the headlight restoration process:
– Machine sand with 600 grit
– Machine sand with 1000 grit
– Compound with Osren P50 Foam Disc Compound/Lake Country Wool Pad
– Compound with Meguiar’s #105 Ultra-Cut Compound/Lake Country Wool Pad
– Polished with Meguiar’s #105 Ultra-Cut Compound/Lake Country Orange Light Cutting Foam
– Polished with Meguiar’s #205 Ultra Finishing Polish/Lake Country White Polishing Foam
– Coated with GTechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer
– Waxed with Osren Synergized for slickness
Time taken: 3 hours
The rest of the car is then washed, clayed and polished with M205. No after pics unfortunately.
Josh came over to kacau(disturb in Malay), so he helped me polish the exhaust.
That’s a Lake Country Polishing Ball/Meguiar’s NXT All Metal Polysh/Bosch Cordless Driver.
Thanks for looking as always! 🙂